Starting with Version 1.0.13 (released in July 2015), the program will check for updates automatically and help you download and install new program features.
If you have an older, activated copy of SentenceShaper 2 and would like to update it, just contact us and we will email you a link to download the new version, along with instructions for how to activate it and how to transfer user files to the new version.
You can use one of the buttons on the right of the screen to contact us.
Below is a summary of changes added in different releases of the program. The most current version is 1.0.13.
Changes added to version 1.0.13:
- Auto-updater now checks for program updates automatically
- There are now five short tutorials, covering: (1) the basics of recording your speech; (2) creating SentenceShaper videos; (3) a tour of the built-in workbooks; (4) sending your speech as emails; (5) other advanced features and settings.
- Added option to send mail using a SentenceShaper account
Changes added to version 1.0.12:
- Added the option of inserting pictures onto workbook pages while running the workbook
Changes added to version 1.0.11:
- Miscellaneous enhancements and optimizations
Changes added to version 1.0.10:
- New program feature: videos can now be emailed from within the program
- New feature: simple image editing functions (user can crop and rotate images)
- Various bug fixes and enhancements of existing features
- Sped up the video-making process
Changes added in Version 1.0.9:
Support for Window 8 (full version, not Windows “RT”)
Support for touch screens (virtual keyboard)
Changes added in Version 1.0.8:
Workbook Sharing tool
Support for non-English text in Vocabulary Cue Buttons and video captions
Tool to create customized labels for Vocabulary Cue Buttons, choosing color scheme for text and background
Changes added in Version 1.0.7:
- The Export feature has been enhanced — the program can now turn your workbooks into videos (mpeg or mp4 format) that can be uploaded to the Internet or played on mobile devices like iPads. You can also export your files as audio mp3 files or playlists, as in earlier versions.
- The User Settings screen has been redesigned, and a button to the access the User Settings Screen has been added to the Welcome Screen
- Accessibility to text readers: Much of the text in the program — such as the text in the tutorials, text in most popup screens, and text in the User Settings Screen — can now be read aloud by screen readers such as WordQ. (If you can highight a text area, you will be able to have it read aloud by a screen reader)
Changes added in Version 1.0.6:
- The “Export” feature was added, to let the program create mp3 files, images, and playlists tfor transfer to handheld devices (ipods, iPads, cellphones, etc.). These files play your speech and show your pictures.
- Text: A text area was added to the Main Screen, so that you can type in text for each page in a workbook. If you have a program like WordQ installed on your computer, you can run SentenceShaper and WordQ at the same time…WordQ will play back your text and even suggest words for you. (This text can optionally appear in exported files.)
- We added the option to decide whether to run the program with the screen maximized (so that it fills up the entire screen) or non-maximized (so you can see other programs, if your screen is large enough).
- The editing tools were simplified to make it easier to create customized materials.
- The interface was redesigned to make it easier to access program features.
Changes added in Version 1.0.5:
- Two tutorial workbooks were included, to introduce you to the program.
- The user manual was incorporated as a javaHelp system accessible from within the program.
- Pop-up help messages were added to explain certain program features.
- The user interface was simplified.
- We eliminated a confusing distinction between “Single Page Mode” and “Workbook Mode” found in some earlier versions of the program.
- A link was added to check for new updates from within the program
- Newly created users now stocked with a copy of every built-in system workbook.